One aspect of a Webhosting Company that you should consider all the time is the security it can provide in hosting your websites. Most hosting providers make use of SSL certificates or Secure Socket Layer for security purposes of your sites. Before users can access websites and do actions such as logging in, online transactions, giving out information of bank accounts, sign ups, emailing etc., they will encounter a loaded page of SSL that they’ll have to confirm so as they can proceed in doing such actions.
What help can you get with the use of SSL?
- Protects your website, its content as well as your identification as the webmaster from those internet users that may steal information from your site or pose as you and do transactions under your name.
- Secures the information in your account and details inputted in your sites so that outsiders will not be able to alter and input wrong or dishonest information.
- Provides privacy to you as a user. SSL will hinder hackers from their pursuits of hacking your account and websites.
FatCow offers SSL certificates to its users in affordable prices. SSL certificates used to be offered in $79.95 annually but odds are now more in your favor for you can subscribe for an SSL in approximately $44.975 annually. Thus, securing your websites is ultimately possible for the acquisition cost of SSL is a lot cheaper now.
- Before you can ask for an SSL in FatCow, of course you need to register a webhosting account with them and subscribe to a plan as well.
You can acquire SSL certificates by following these simple steps:
- Log in to your FatCow account and navigate to its vDeck control panel.
- Look for the portion that is labeled GeoTrust SSL promotion and select it.
- Read instructions on how to get it. Give the information asked.
- Order the SSL plan (annually-$44.795, 2-year-$79.95)
- Pay online. This is usually in credit but you can check for other options given. Input accurate information asked.
- Then, you’ll be asked to fill up the form of SSL certificate. In there, you’ll input the domain that you would want to set up SSL connection to. The domain, of course, should exist or be active.
- Wait for the set-up to be completed.
How SSL works?
Setting up SSL certificates to your site only means that you are creating SSL connection to its files or domains. The SSL connection will appear first before anyone can proceed on accessing your site. It basically filters and assesses users to protect your site. If you have set up a plan with FatCow then you can configure SSL connection for specific files.
- Go to the Secure Socket Layer Services of your FatCow Account.
- Select Enable SSL.
- The SSL will then load to surfers’ browsers before they can access your site. You can check if this is the case by selecting the URL of SSL connection provided after enabling it.
Other Offers of FatCow
Aside from webhosting plans, hosting of VPS servers, dedicated servers, shared hosting, you name it, FatCow is also offering eCommerce webhosting plans. The website hosting of eCommerce can also be set up with SSL connection. The plan for this is as low as $3.15 per monthly. Through eCommerce can you create online business transactions and the like.
SSL connections will be of great help if you wouldn’t want problems such as sites beings hacked, identity theft, stolen information, shooting in your way as you manage your websites. Webhosting plans can ease the stress of managing your sites and setting up SSL connection will make it even convenient for problems stated above will most likely be avoided.