If your website is presently hosted by FatCow and for whatever reason you wish to transfer it to InMotion hosting but is not sure how to do it or not sure if it is possible or not, then you need not worry anymore. You can transfer your FatCow hosted website to InMotion and InMotion will only be too happy to receive you into their family with open arms. As a matter of fact, InMotion is one among the hosting companies that supports website transfers and migrations. In truth of this, InMotion even offers free website transfers designed to make the transfer process into InMotion as seamless as possible plus the guarantee of a “no downtime hassle free” transfer process.
Transferring your website from FatCow to InMotion is a simple process and requires no wide technical knowledge. However, it may take some time for the whole process to fully complete but the process itself is no rocket science. The most common method of transferring your site is through downloading of your old files through the FTP and then uploading them into InMotion Hosting.
How can I transfer my website from FatCow to InMotion?
Transferring your website from FatCow to InMotion is quite simple and can be done with a few simple steps. The transfer procedure is standard among hosting providers and should work efficiently when you transfer your website from FatCow to InMotion. The procedures are as follows:
- The first thing you need to do is to unlock your domain name. As standard FatCow procedure, when you register with FatCow, your domain is automatically locked to secure your website and all the files in it. To unlock it, simply do the following:
- Log into the “DomainCentral”;
- Click on the domain you want to transfer. You need to do this to expand its settings;
- On the “Overview” tab, locate the “Security tab” and click it;
- Then click on the “Unlock Domain Privacy” button. Once clicked, a prompt should pop-up informing you that your domain has been unlocked;
- Then click the “Disable Domain Privacy” button and again another pop-up should appear where you will see the word “Disabled” printed in red;
- Next, check your email settings in the “Contact” tab and make sure that it is still working.
- Having unlocked your domain, you now need to get your transfer Authorization Code. To get it, you need to make a request by clicking on the “Transfer” tab which can be found in the domain that you want to move. Click the “Send Auto-Info Code” button and then check your email account to retrieve the transfer code.
- With the code ready and in your possession, it is time to login to InMotion hosting (www.inmotionhosting.com). Once logged-in, immediately go to the site’s cPanel.
- In the cPanel, you need to click on the “Add Existing Domain” and then type your domain name and then hit the “Add” button.
- By this time, you should see the new domain name on the list. Select it and try expanding it until you are in its domain settings dialogue page.
- Key-in the transfer authorization code that you retrieved earlier and then click “Transfer”.
- After clicking the Transfer button, check your email for a new set of instructions which you need to carefully follow.
- Once you’re done with the instructions, you should be free from FatCow and should be ready for the InMotion experience.
- Do not forget to lock your domain name after the transfer is complete to protect your site from unauthorized access.
Why should I pick InMotion hosting to transfer into?
There are a lot of considerations and reasons why people decide to switch hosts. These reasons vary from the most simple and common to those that could affect the future of the website and maybe, of the company itself. The main reason why you should choose InMotion Hosting from among the hundreds of hosting companies in the market today, is that InMotion is among the most recognized leaders in the hosting business today, especially when it comes to reliability and speed. It has received high commendations for its superb support services and for their ultra-fast servers, factors that are most sought after by webmasters. All these plus their feature-rich hosting package comes with a very competitive price, giving them the necessary edge over the other hosting companies.
What features should I expect to get from InMotion hosting?
Among the features that InMotion offers are:
- Free, Zero Downtime, Hassle Free Site Transfer to InMotion Hosting
- Free Data Backups
- Max Speed Zone with Smart Routing Technology
- 90-day Money Back guarantee
- CNET Certification
- Green Hosting company
- Faster and more reliable hardware
- Powerful email features
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- A number of MySQL Database, depending upon the package
- A number of websites per account, depending upon the package
- 24x7x365 U.S.-based support
- Free Advertising Credits
- Ecommerce Ready
- Premium website builder