What does Money-back guarantee mean?
As a way of proving to their clients that the company can provide a satisfaction guaranteed hosting service, hosting companies offer money-back guarantees as a “bond of trust” to their clients. Actually, this guarantee is one of the marketing strategies employed by most companies especially those that sell their services to clients. The money-back guarantee, more aptly called as the “satisfaction guarantee”, is intended as a seal of customer satisfaction and promise of the delivery of quality service. It basically means that the company assures the client that he shall receive top quality service and total service satisfaction, or else they will give your money back.
Money-back guarantees vary from company to company, some offering a low 15-day money-back guarantee to as high as a 90-day money-back guarantee. This guarantee shall become enforceable, when for whatever reason, the client cancels his subscription with the hosting company before the lapse of the period stipulated in the agreement. This does not mean, however, that the client will receive nothing from the company when the cancellation happens after the agreed money-back guarantee period as some companies also agree to refund their clients a pro-rated amount depending upon the length of time elapsed before the cancellation took effect.
What do I need to know about InMotion’s Money Back Guarantee?
InMotion hosting offers a 90-day Money Back guarantee for all their hosting services. This is the company’s way of assuring their clients that the company is sure that it can deliver a top quality, satisfaction guaranteed service to their clients. This guarantee means that should, for whatever reason, the client decides to cancel his hosting subscription with InMotion before the 90 day period has lapsed, the company shall refund the client in full for the amount of the hosting service, no questions asked.
Although clients have all the right to cancel their hosting account anytime they want, it does not necessarily mean that you are also free to do it according to your wants and needs. As stipulated in the Terms of Service, though the client can cancel his account anytime, the cancellation policy has made it clear that the client can do so “upon proper notice to the company, prior to the end of the Initial Term or any Term thereafter” (Terms of Service, User Agreement 2.c).
Also included in the Terms of Service, User Agreement 2.c.i-iii, that , one, the client is obliged to pay all the fees and charges accrued prior to the period when the cancellation becomes effective; two, that the company may, but is not obligated to pay or refund the client for all the pre-paid fees for the basic hosting services for the full months remaining after the cancellation was effected and three, that the client is obliged to pay fully for all the other services, other than the basic hosting fee, for each month of the remaining term.
The cancellation will usually become effective 30 days after the proper notice of cancellation, the official Cancellation Request form shall have been received by the company.
What is meant by InMotion’s 90-day Money Back guarantee?
InMotion’s 90-day Money Back guarantee is the guarantee for a full refund of all the fees that is paid by the client in connection with the hosting service before the 90 days after the Initial Term started has lapsed. However, the term “full refund” does not necessarily mean it shall include fees paid that are not connected with the basic hosting service and is deemed Non-Refundable. This is what is meant by the phrase “in connection with the hosting service”. These non-refundable services are, but not limited to:
Free Domain Names:
- If the client has registered any domain name under the “Free Domain Name” promotion during the registration process, the refund shall be deducted an amount of $11.99 per year plus a $5 administrative fee. The client, however, gets to retain ownership and control of his domain name.
- Clients who purchased a Dedicated IP address, shall be refunded at a prorated rate, which means that the amount to be refunded shall be based on the period lapsed between the registration date and the date of cancellation and terms of service.
- Other non-refundable fees such as the amount paid for the SSL Services and Domain Privacy.
What should happen if I cancel my InMotion account after the 90 day period has lapsed?
If and when the cancellation takes place after the 90-day period has elapsed, clients will be refunded, subject to the following conditions:
- The client will receive a pro-rated refund for the fees paid in connection with the hosting service, subject to $11.99 deduction per domain name if the client has registered a domain name under the “Free Domain Name” promo.
- The client shall not be refunded the fees paid for the non-refundable fees;
- The client shall not be refunded the setup fees, which automatically becomes non-refundable after 90 calendar days.