In this day and age, computer and the Internet make all the difference. Aside from the many benefits and uses of the Internet to one’s life, it changes the whole approach of traditional marketing in business. These days, a lot of people are taking their business to the Web, tapping into a wider audience and enjoying the great things only the Internet can offer. It’s the best possible way to promote and sell whatever product/service you have.
Making your product/service available online provides an avenue for customers and potential buyers to contact you, thereby helping you grow your business. And for your company or brand to be known online, you must have your own website. BlueHost is the best place to start.
BlueHost Web Hosting
BlueHost is one of the best and most popular web hosting companies that offer services, from web hosting to website building. A lot of website owners and web developers choose to open an account with them for a number of reasons, such as the following:
- Bluehost’s support system is available 24/7 through chat, email and phone.
- BlueHost does not lock you up in a contract or term regardless of what hosting plan you intend to get. This means that, if you are no longer satisfied with their services, you can terminate your account any time. You can also get a prorated refund for the remainder of your hosting term.
- BlueHost is simple and easy to use, even for beginners with no knowledge in coding and programming. They provide various website builders that allow you to build your own website and get it up and running in no time. These site builders are specifically designed to meet the needs of their clients. Whether you want to run your own personal blog, create a business website, or both, BlueHost has you covered. Some of these can even support eCommerce with shopping carts and more for you to sell products and services online. Website builders are also equipped with a variety of pre-made themes that you can use to give your website a unique look that best fits your company or chosen niche.
- By building an eCommerce site with BlueHost, you can do business online with optimum security in terms of ordering products/services. You, as the client, are well secured and protected as you access personal files and information in your account.
What is a Shopping Cart?
A shopping cart is a software that’s necessary for any eCommerce site. With a shopping cart in your site, shoppers easily and securely buy products/services from you.
BlueHost offers plenty of shopping cart options, including:
OS Commerce Shopping Cart
Agora Shopping Cart
With these shopping carts, you can provide safe and easy-to-use ordering options on your eCommerce site.
How to Set Up a Shopping Cart on BlueHost
In order for your website to become an eCommerce site, you must first install shopping cart software. There are various ways for you to do this:
- Use MOJO Marketplace to install a shopping cart software.
- You can manually install your chosen shopping cart software or you can hire a developer to install and/or manage the software for you.
Once you’ve installed the shopping cart, it’s time to configure it to display your products and/or services. Take note that each of these shopping cart software have their own unique interface and configuration style, but you can follow some general steps:
- Log in to your shopping cart’s admin area.
- Create a new product/service in the interface.
- Add the necessary information that best describes your product/service. You can also add a photo of your product/service.
- Set the pricing. You may also need to indicate a payment gateway and/or currency, depending on the software used.
- Save your new product/service and test it on your site to ensure that everything works correctly.
Once you’ve successfully installed the software, you need to contact the author or software developer of the shopping cart you’re using if you need technical support. They are the ones who are most knowledgeable and are best equipped to assist you. You are also welcome to contact BlueHost as they are ready to help you or at least point you in the right direction.