Many web hosting companies offer a money back guarantee, but when you try to get your money back, they wear you down with horrible customer service and infinite run-around with slow response to your support inquiries and phone calls.
You deserve much better than that! After all, you are a paying customer, putting your trust in them in return for the quality hosting experience they promise.
That’s why I still research, test, and review hosting companies on this site, WebHostingPlanGuide.
Thankfully, there are plenty of companies that really do honor their money-back guarantee and will return your money on time in the event that you are not satisfied with their service. BlueHost is one of them.
With BlueHost, you can cancel your account anytime for a refund. If it’s after the first 30 days, they do a prorated refund for the number of months you didn’t use.
How Does BlueHost’s Guarantee Work?
As mentioned earlier, customer satisfaction is BlueHost’s top priority and they’re confident you’ll be satisfied with their services. But if you try their services and find that they do not sufficiently meet your needs, you can cancel your account at any time for a refund, given the following:
- You’ll receive a full refund if you cancel your BlueHost account within 30 days.
- You’ll get a prorated refund for the remainder of your hosting term if you cancel after 30 days.
- The domain fee is non-refundable if you sign up with BlueHost and register a domain. This is to cover BlueHost’s costs, as well as to ensure that you won’t lose your domain name. You are free to transfer your domain after the required lock periods or you can simply point it elsewhere depending on your preference.
- BlueHost’s money-back guarantee applies to all their hosting plans, but is not applicable on most add-on products like domains.
A money-back guarantee is one of the most important factors you need to consider when choosing a web hosting provider. It comes as a huge advantage for those who are still uncertain about a web host and just want to test the waters first. Web hosting companies with money-back guarantee are often preferred by customers since it gives them an assurance that their money won’t go to a complete waste.
Limitations/Rules/Stipulations You Should Know About First:
When requesting for a refund, know that there will be certain limitations and other terms. But these terms are reasonable, so you don’t need to worry about them. Here are other important details you need to know about BlueHost’s money-back guarantee:
- BlueHost’s money-back guarantee only applies to web hosting. Other fees associated with SSL certificates, SEO Package, domain names or domain privacy is NOT covered.
- You can get a full refund of your money if you cancelled your account within the first three days of your registration. You can request for the full refund of all fees. If you want to keep the domain registered on your account, you will be charged $14.99.
- You will be charged for the domain name fee after the first three days of registration.
- Customers may cancel services at any time.
- You cannot request for a refund if your website employed any prohibited act on BlueHost. These acts include profanity, violation of Intellectual Property Rights, profanity, breach of confidentiality, hacking, and others.
- Your BlueHost account does not have any term commitments, no hidden fees or penalties for ending your term early.
How Can I Cancel My BlueHost Subscription?
Cancelling your subscription to BlueHost is simple and easy. You only need to forward your termination request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact their staff through the following number: (888) 401-4678. You can also reach them via live chat. This request may require a verification of your ownership of the account you are cancelling.
You may cancel your account on different periods. BlueHost provides different refund processes for different cancellation periods.
- Termination of subscription within 3 days of initial registration. If you choose this option, you can get a full refund of your money. This is not inclusive of other fees paid with non-refundable services. But since BlueHost offers the domain name for free, customers may opt to retain the ownership to it with an additional fee of $14.99.
- Termination of subscription after 3 days, but before 30 days from initial registration. You can still refund all your money with this option. But, unlike the first option, it is now mandatory that you retain the ownership of your domain name. This means that you have to pay $14.99.
- Termination of subscription after 30 days from initial registration. This money-back guarantee allows customers to cancel their hosting account anytime. Customers can only get a prorated refund if they cancel their account after 30 days. This refund is still exclusive of other non-refundable fees and payment for the domain name.
Or maybe you’d rather have a monthly payment option? The price is almost double what you’d pay if you got 12 months up front, but HostGator does offer a month to month option.