When creating a business website, most would choose to hire a web designer and hope for the best outcome. This might seem like a safe approach, but in fact you are leaving your vision and business plan in the hands of a stranger. Website designers appreciate your input when it comes to creating the perfect site for you.
When creating your own business site, or when you hire a web designer to do it for you, you should remember these important points:
- Overall Message
- Written Content
- Visual Content
One needs to think these points thoroughly over before attempting to create a great business site. We’re here to offer you some tips on how to do that. So, let’s get to it and look into:
The style of your website has to match your business image and business look. You don’t want a flower-pink style on a site that sells men’s shoes, do you?
For some businesses, choosing a style is very easy, but others need to carefully plan their business profile before finding the right a style for their website. To decide on style, just ask yourself:
- If my business was a person, what would it be like?The attributes you come up with could be: male/female, fun/serious, colorful/plain or traditional/modern. Depending on what attributes you choose, you can determine a style for your business site.
Next, you ask yourself:
- What does my client target group look like?Do you aim to sell more to women, men or a unisex market? Do you wish to appeal to a young or old audience? Think about the average customer and once you figure out his/her attributes then you can add those to your business style.
If you answered both questions with about the same attributes, then you have found your perfect business style. So, it is time to move on to the:
This is quite a simple point. Just think about what you want your clients to think when they see the site. The message actually shows the tone of you site. Do you want people to be in awe or to be entertained? The tone should match the services or products your business is trying to sell.
If you target CEOs then you should aim for a professional tone without superfluous information. On the other hand, if you target young adults, you could do with humor and a rebel message.
Now that you have thought about your business site’s message, we move on to:
People simply don’t browse business sites to have a long, good read!
Your viewers want snappy, information-filled content they can breeze through in a few seconds. This does not mean that there should not be any long texts, just make sure your content writer knows how to add titles, bold sentences and bullet points to help your viewers skim through your texts when they want to.
If your content looks anything like this article, then you are on the right path! Finally, we have to take a look at the:
Pictures and flash art are great to bring messages across to your viewers quickly and efficiently. If there is a picture of what your potential client wants on your site, your chances of making a sale increase exponentially.
If you sell physical products you should always have pictures of at least your best-selling items on the site. If you sell services, you need to find pictures that express how your services work or what problems they solve. The hardest part is to depict virtual services, where you have to depict something that doesn’t exist at all in the physical world and often doesn’t have a visible outcome.
Try to make your pictures look:
- Crisp:You don’t want fuzzy https://webhostingplanguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05
- Centered:The item of interest should always be around the center of the image
- Appealing:Your pictures should be appealing to as wide an audience as possible. Avoid taboo subjects when possible
Now that you know the style of your website, the message it should bring across and how the content should be like, you are ready to create a top ranked business site!