Everything that has value has to be purchased. Most of the time, they do not come for free. You have to shell out bucks away from your pocket to have them. Just a reminder, if the cost is worth it, it is not expensive. It will serve you for a longer period of time with the best quality. The only bad thing about it is you have to invest much on the inception. But this is termed as a long-term savings. What can be really cool about it is it doesn’t compromise the quality.
How much do you need to use cloud hosting?
At the start, you have to be prepared of paying off more than what you can imagine. Aside from the amount, you have to be ready for the extra use of mind for your service. A list of the thing you will be spending in starting cloud hosting is available below.
- Cloud Servers and Hardware. If you aim to be a provider, you will need $70,000 to $100,000 for the best server in terms of quality and service. That is folds higher than the $10,000 to $15,000 for premised-based with minimal quality. A wise business men will not settle with the substandard because that tantamount to inferior service on the part of your customers. That is doing in business.
- No more purchases on other hardware. Additional hardware does not require outright purchases for the users. No need for a space where to maintain them as they will be housed by the provider for you. A cloud environment is virtual in essence.
- No need for software upgrade. It is the responsibility of your provider, not yours. It is already inclusive in your monthly payments. You don’t even have to worry about it. Cloud environments offer automation in updates.
- Minimal software upgrade. Just in case, necessity knock in for upgrade of software, it will be minimal and upon the discretion of the user. If he really needs it, it will not cost that much as all other deemed necessary software upgrades are already done by the provider on their behalf.
If you’re already in the cloud environment, there will still be some expenses you have to incur. These are:
- Predictable costs. Automation is the best line of cloud hosting. Once software becomes available, the provider has it installed. You will not be working with the obsolete version for years. In cloud, you pay for what you use. It becomes predictable as you will not be spending for services which you did not utilize or which did not benefit you. IT costs has been the problem of most users as they are surprised with the monthly dues they received. They pay for operating costs on months that do not match their income.
- Never goes out of the trend. Technology is fast-paced. To cope with it, you have to go ahead. Using the same obsolete version of the software is costly for the company because they won’t be able to utilize the features of newer ones. They have to settle with the old ones. Since competition is tough, if you are behind in technology, you could be behind in income-making.
- Reduction in IT costs. The provider will maintain the software and their underlying infrastructures as well as the supporting hardware. Minimal job will be moved to your own IT department. This just reduces their job for not so valuable ones. That way, they can focus in doing more extensive and value-adding IT support. The cost of paying in a cloud environment is a package for the services that will be provided to you.
- Productivity of employees. When the server is always available, the woks to be done by the employees are always accomplished in time. Higher productivity means more income as many visitors will be served. It is also flexible. You can work anywhere as long as it uptime. More work is done efficiently with the web. You can send mails through it. You can integrate communication in a few clicks without going through the hassle of paper works which delay the job.
- Expenses are expensed outright. Hardware is not capital expenditures that should be capitalized and depreciated over time. Software does not need to be amortized as well. That will not qualify you, as a user, to pay taxes for them. It will not even bug your mind to the accounting procedures for it with so many principles and regulations to be adhered to. You do not have to hire for a separate accountant to do them for you because they don’t count as yours. No other expenses for maintaining them, upgrading them and disposing them as it is already billed to you monthly.
Choosing to be in a cloud environment is one of the choices worth considering. It is a breakthrough in technology so it’s worth being in.