As of present, almost all the people on earth want everything done fast and done in a flash. In cooking, cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, etc. Even when it comes to computers, internet connections of course, and applications. It also applies on the servers that are being used in our websites. Everyday our engineers and designers at our IT companies have been working non stop to provide us this feature on our processor to serve us better.
Why get a Xeon 5600 for your servers?
Coined as the world’s most adaptable server platform, the Xeon 5600 series is now the most sought after operating system for servers. It can work up to 60% faster than the processor before it. This revamped version of Xeon line of processor is simple. It uses 32 nm, gets 2 more additional cores, from 4 cores to now 6 cores per chip, all this in the same structure of cooling and on the same socket, just like the Nehalem Xeon processors before it. Its clock density is similar and also the per-clock work of every core. The new processor chips have clock speeds from 1.86GHz that consumes power of 40watts, to 3.46GHz that consumes 130watts. All of the chips in Xeon 5600 have 12mb of cache. Almost of all the business present are still using single core processors for their servers, with this new product, you don’t have to think twice about upgrading to this one instead. With this new platform, demands from server companies will surely increase.
Models of Xeon 5600 to Choose from
Xeon 5600 has a wide array of models that you can choose from, depending on your servers needs, and yours. All of these processors have VT FlexPriority, Virtualization Technology, Intelligent Power Technology, 64 Architecture, FlexMigration and QuickPath Technology.
- X5680 with a CPU frequency of 3.33GHz, 6 cores and uses 130W of power
- X5677, with a CPU frequency of 3.46GHz, 4 cores and consumers 130W of power
- X5670, with a CPU frequency of 2.93GHz, 6 cores and consumes 95W of power
- X5667, with CPU frequency of 3.06GHz, 4 cores and consumes 95W of power
- X5660, with CPU frequency of 2.80GHz, 6 cores and consumes 95W of power
- X5650, with CPU frequency of 2.66GHz, 6 cores and consumes 95W of power
- E5640, with CPU frequency of 2.66GHz, 4 cores and consumes 80W of power
- L5640, with CPU frequency of 2.26GHz, 6 cores and consumes 60W of power
- E5630, with CPU frequency of 2.53GHz, 4 cores and runs on 80W of power
- L5630, with CPU frequency 2.13GHz, 4 cores and consumes 40W of power
- E5620, with CPU frequency of 2.40GHz, 4 cores and consumes 80W of power
- L5609, with CPU frequency of 1.86GHz, 4 cores and runs on 40W of power
All of these models have HTT and Turbo Boost Technology except L5609. All of them has L3 cache up to 12mb.
What features does Xeon 5600 series can offer me?
- New security application like TXT or Trusted Execution Transaction technology that helps data that move to virtualized places safely. Also a new security feature called AES-IN or Advanced Encryption Standard – New Instructions, this allows faster inscription and understanding of data
- These new processor enables to run 2 threads per core. For example, the model X5670 that has 6 cores, can multi task 12 threads all at the same time.
- In each processor there is a unified memory controller called NUMA or Non-Uniform Memory Access
With this processor, not only will you get loads of new and old features that enhances your server performance even more, but it will also be even more energy efficient and light on the pocket. It will surely be worthwhile to have this on your server.