In layman’s term, managed hosting is a kind of internet hosting where you can relax and leave your server to administrative supports of your provider. You manage your business, you just pay your provider the amount they charge to you and they will be responsible for everything that concerns your server. Whatever your business model might be, the support team of your provider is more than equipped and experienced to respond to your call. That is the basic reason for the name “managed”. All you have to take care of is the operations of your business. Rest assured that it will be a smooth way for you.
Is managed hosting the way to go?
The determinant of this question is you. If you want to know if you are on the right track in selecting managed hosting as your internet host, try taking a look at these questions.
- Is your business that huge? Is it that huge that you cannot handle it while handling the features of your server or web hosts? If yes then you are going the right path. Your provider will be responsible for your server and you just have to focus on your core business.
- Is your web site that popular? Do you get heavy traffics? Well, if every visitor is that valuable that you cannot leave them go disappointed for not being able to see your site, and then go for managed hosting. Your visitor means money so it is okay to spend a little more to make sure they get the best from you. You would not want to have unhappy visitors. On the other hand, managed hosting is savings in the long run.
- Are you not the technical know-how type of user? Do you find it a little harder to go over the details and features of your server? Then do not bother hiring another expert and pay him. Let your provider do them for you. No questions as to their capabilities because they have been in the field for years.
- Are you on the verge of expanding your business? This may need much of your time and focus. You may require to have someone who can see to it that your server works well. Not just that. The security also matters. You would not want to spend twice on the same thing. You just have to invest once in managed hosting and all your business needs will come in package.
- Do you have the capacity to pay? Managed hosting costs a lot more than a simple web hosting. Remember, you are not just leasing the server for your own use, you are also paying for the expertise of the IT support team. You are also charged with the space where your server will be located. Backups and maintenance of your server in terms of software and hardware is also their responsibility so it is just right you compensate them.
- All of these questions are largely answerable by you. It will most likely depend on your assessment as to the scale of your profitability and the size of your business. Your provider can only offer you the services they have. You are the one to appraise the extent of your needs that depends on your operations, target market, demands, strategies and competition. If you believe that all of the abovementioned questions are favorable for you, then managed hosting is the right one for you. Just stick to the bottom line of doing business- Profit maximization, satisfaction guaranteed customers’ trust, brand loyalty and over-all organization’s goodwill.