One of the major factors that could make or break a website is the choice of hosting solution that the client selects for his website. However, choosing the right hosting service for a website is not as simple as just going over a list and choosing the name that sounds right and feels right. With a considerable number of hosting solutions available plus the number of packages each hosting solution offers make choosing the right hosting solution a complex process.
One of the popular hosting solutions that almost all web hosting providers offer is Dedicated Server Hosting, also known as Dedicated hosting. Dedicated hosting service comes highly recommended for websites who demand greater resources, more flexibility and more control over the operation and management of their websites. However, dedicated hosting may be a bad choice for websites that are intended for simple blogging or for personal use which are not in need of powerful computing power. Dedicated hosting services can offer websites all the computing power that they need, without the fear of being compromised by other websites sharing the server, as it dedicates the whole server for a single client. So if you plan to operate a medium-scale or large-scale business or if your website is in need of a sizeable amount of bandwidth and better RAM speeds and a larger disk space to cope with your growing needs plus the freedom to be able to customize your configurations according to the needs of your site and your clientele, then Dedicated Hosting could be the best choice for your website.
What should I do to be able to choose the best hosting service for my website?
One of the most important steps that could affect the future of your website is choosing the most suitable hosting service for it. This is essential as it could determine your website’s success or failure. Failure to do so could put to waste all hard you work that you put for your site. To help you in the task of choosing the right hosting service, here are a few tips:
- The most important step is to figure out what you want for your website and what you intend your website to be.
- The next step would be to look for web hosting services that could provide you with the needs and requirements of your website.
- Third, from among the shortlist of your preferred hosting service, look for special features being offered that could play a big factor in your website operation. This could include, but is not limited to the promo costs, the money-back guarantee features and all the other unlimited features that each hosting provider offers.
- After having chosen the most probable web service, make a background investigation regarding the company. This should take into consideration factors such as the service efficiency and reliability, the billing system, its support services, how friendly are they with their clients, among others. One important tip is always to look for a hosting service with a good customer and support service.
- Then, make sure you understand the type of hosting solution that you are going to buy. It is recommended to talk to their customer service representatives to air your concerns and questions before you take the final step, which should be the signup process.
How should I know that it is dedicated hosting I need?
If you already have a website but is either not satisfied with your hosting service or not sure if it is the right hosting service for it, then you should make an assessment whether your present hosting service is indeed the right hosting service for you.
You might have heard a lot about Dedicated hosting and its benefits and is planning to make a leap into it. However, before you take that leap, here are some pointers to help you assess and decide whether Dedicated hosting is for you. You should know that you need dedicated hosting if you answer “yes” to all these concerns:
- Is your website’s performance slowing down despite the fact that you have already checked it for possible system issues?
- Your website may have outgrown your present hosting plan and is in need of dedicated hosting if:
- If it takes longer than needed to load pages;
- You constantly receive error messages during database requests due to high volume of traffic; and
- Pages are not served because of server overload.
- Need to customize Server software:
- Do you feel that your servers’ software needs a bit of tweaking and customization?
Need for Flexibility and Control
- Do you feel that you websites’ growth is being stunted by the limitations of your present hosting plan?; or
- Is your website’s growth limited by having to share your resources with other sites?
Should I take the giant leap to Dedicated Hosting?
Before you decide to make a leap toward Dedicated Hosting, be sure that you have taken into consideration all the factors that could affect the future of your site. Also make your site will benefit from the move and that you can cover the costs involved as well as earn from your new server. It is important to remember that though dedicated hosting services are highly recommended to medium- to large-scale site, smaller sites may and can benefit a lot from it as it could help them to grow and earn revenue.