Why is WordPress vital for my website?
With the marketing strategy of businesses now starting to shift from the traditional storefront and advertisement era to the use of the internet as the major way of reaching people, creating an attractive, updated and interactive website is fast becoming a necessity. Businesses now tend to compete for their share in the market with the use of the internet. Ensuring that websites enjoy a huge flow of traffic largely depends on how the interactive and attractive a website is, especially how the website makes the deal between the proprietor and client is made easy. However, it is an accepted fact that website designing is not an easy task. More often than not, in the times past, website owners need to hire professional website designers to build the site for them which means building and operating a website takes a lot of money and effort. Those times are now fast becoming a memory as a good number of tools are now in the market to help make the task of building and maintaining a website an ordinary everyday task of every website owner.
Among the most commonly used and most popular Content Management System of today is the WordPress. WordPress is an open source software that is used as a Content Management System (CMS) by a growing number of website owners. The software was originally intended to serve as a blogging platform but has also made its mark in the field of CMS options. Based on the PHP and MySQL, it is among the top choices because its versatility and its ease of use. It is a very vital tool in editing, publishing and maintaining a website and should be a must-have tool for every website.
Does WebHostingHub support WordPress?
WebHostingHub.com supports WordPress and offers it as one of the CMS options in their hosting package. In fact, it takes the top spot in their list of available and supported Content Management Systems. However, though it is a standard feature in their package, the client needs to download the tool, install and set it up to be able to use it.
It is an accepted fact that WenHostingHub has 100% compatibility with WordPress and clients and users have the assurance that they won’t get any issues when they deploy WordPress in their servers.
What are the minimum requirements needed to install WordPress?
Installing WordPress requires very minimal resources and foundations. Among the very basic requirements are:
- A PHP version of 5.2.4 or higher- this should come as no problem since WebHostingHub offers dual version of PHP, namely the V 5.2.17 and V 5.3.10.
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater; generally WebHostingHub offers MySQL 5.1.56 which is known to work perfectly with WordPress.
- Installing WordPress in WebHostingHub should cause any worry for clients since the hosting company includes in their package a good number of advanced features that should enable the full potential of WordPress.
How can I setup WordPress in my WebHostingHub hosted website?
Installing WordPress in your WebHostingHub hosted website should come as a breeze. Although there are a number of ways to install WordPress, the following steps are among the most commonly used installation process.
- First, you need to login to your Cpanel.
- Once inside the Cpanel, you may scroll down and look for the installation software you want to use. You may use fantastic, a third party script installing software.
- One the left side of the page, locate the space where the number of CMS and blogging tools are located and select WordPress by clicking it.
- A new page should be displayed on the right side of the page where you will find a link with the label New Installation.
- Click the New Installation link. This should take you to another page where you may find spaces intended for you to choose your domain. You may leave the Directory space blank if you want the installation to be in your root directory.
- Then, type the username and the password that you want on the spaces provided. Then you may add a nickname and/or an e-mail, if you want.
- Then scroll down and click Install WordPress and then click Finish Installation on the next page.
- By this time, the WordPress should already be installed in your webpage. All you need to do is to login and see if your page already has the default WordPress theme
What are the benefits of using WordPress?
The number of uses and advantages that WordPress brings are so numerous, in fact, it is said only your imagination limits the way you use WordPress. However, let me just show you the very basic of these benefits:
- The built-in themes allow you to change your website design quickly.
- You can extend the functionality of WordPress with its plug-ins.
- It allows you to easily create, edit and manage you content and can update it anytime you want.
- It can easily and readily give your site a high ranking in the search engines.
- It is supported by a wide number of thriving and engaged community.